Friday, April 27, 2007

Dave Rudin






Dave Rudin, who lately started his ownblog, is featured at cag magazine giving you some insight in his work.
snippet:
"I think that almost everything done by Edward Weston was exceptional. I like the art deco period studio nudes made by Frantisek Drtikol. I’ve admired the nudes by Lucien Clergue for a long time and have studied with him, along with a wonderful photographer named Elizabeth Opalenik. Howard Schatz, too, is very good. There’s also a British photographer named John Swannell who’s done masterful work with the nude, including his book, 'Naked Landscape'.

Perhaps my greatest influence as a photographer of the nude is Horst P. Horst. He did some work with the nude but was primarily a fashion and portrait photographer. Like Raphael, his works just exhibit a great sense of elegance, grace and beauty – the things that I aspire to include in my own works."


continue reading